Upper Midwest Dairy Industry Association
Gene Watnaas Scholarships
The Upper Midwest Dairy Industry Association is a non-profit group whose purpose is to promote the dairy industry by providing information, educational services, networks and contests that encourage improvement in the quality and safety of dairy and food products. In an effort to recognize individuals pursuing post-secondary education in a field that will enhance the quality and safety of dairy and food products, UMDIA will be awarding up to three $1,000 scholarships to qualified applicants.
Criteria for UMDIA Scholarship Applications:
- Scholarship will be paid after at least one quarter/semester has been completed, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a receipt or proof of expenses (tuition, books)
- Awardees must be pursuing a degree in Animal Science with dairy production emphasis, Dairy Science, Large Animal Veterinary Medicine, Dairy Manufacturing, Dairy Technology or Dairy Food Science.
- Awardees must plan to complete their degree
- Applicants will be evaluated on leadership, contributions to and involvement in the dairy industry, career plans and academic standing.
- Preference is given to students that are in their Junior and Senior years of study.
The application deadline is January 31st, 2015. Completed scholarship application forms should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
Rueben Nilsson - Upper Midwest Dairy Industry Association Board Member
Past Scholarship Award Winners:
2014 Gene Watnaas Scholarship
Emily Plapp, Sarah Roerick
2013 Gene Watnaas Scholarship
Jacob Achen, Matthew Holdvogt
2013 Pioneer Dairymen's Club Memorial Scholarship
Ashley Adamski, Samantha Scroth
2012 Gene Watnaas Scholarship
Jessica Hammerand, Abigail Wirt
2012 Pioneer Dairymen's Club Memorial Scholarship
2011 Gene Watnaas Scholarship
April Johnson, Laura Weisz
2011 Pioneer Dairymen's Club Memorial Scholarship
2010 Gene Watnaas Scholarship
Charlie Schiller, Abby Udermann
2010 Pioneer Dairymen's Club Memorial Scholarship
2009 Gene Watnaas Scholarships
Amber Hazel, Lucas Sjostrom
2009 Pioneer Dairymen's Club Memorial Scholarship
2007 & 2008 Gene Watnaas Scholarships
Jennifer Becker, Jacquelyne Koch, Samantha Wahls